Saturday, May 19, 2012

Preflight Jitters

I just finished attending the Graduate commencement ceremony and I'm back in the office thinking about our trip to Brazil, which is approaching rather quickly. I'm so excited but at the same time nervous because I've never been responsible for a group of 7 students outside the country before. Well I hope these lucky 7 are as excited as I am and ready for class. In case you didn't know, this blog is dedicated to the experiences that our group from Manhattan will encounter on our trip to Brazil. The Lucky7 have all had me as an instructor for a course at some point in their lives and for some reason want me as an instructor again (you'd think they had enough of me the first, or in some cases, the second time around). But they're a great group of students and I'm anticipating a lot of adventure and lively discussion throughout our trip. As for our trip, we'll be flying out this Monday from JFK and touching down in Sao Paulo that evening ready to learn so much...well at least I hope so.

As we begin our journey, I'm really hoping that the Lucky7 and I (or should we be called the Crazy8) will experience the rich culture that Sao Paulo has to offer by visiting museums and dining out - no clubbing for me, I think those days are done although...let's just see what happens. My hope is that I do not dominate this blog but rather have the students blog their experiences each day that we are in Brazil.

FYI we won't be visiting just Sao Paulo. We will also have (hopefully) a packed day in Rio de Janeiro before flying out to Manaus - the heart of the rainforest and one of the few places that I am so looking forward to visiting - did I pack bug spray?

So, for now, I invite you to follow us on our exciting journey and learn with us.

Yassir

No comments:

Post a Comment